CHE494: Special Topics III - Chemical Process Simulation and Applications
Academic Year 2023, Semester 1
This course is taught by Asst. Prof. Dr. Hong-ming Ku and Dr. Jatuporn Banchong. The aim of the course is to train Year-4 chemical engineering students in fundamentals of process simulation and the use of the chemical process simulator called ASPEN Plus (A+), which is a crucial engineering tool for process engineers.
Course Syllabus and Lecture Slides
Download the course syllabus here.
Homework and Exercise Problems
Download a copy of "CHE494 Homework & Exercise Problems, Ver. 2023" here.
Your homework has been selected from this exercise book as follows:
1. Homework Set 1: #1, #2, #4, and #5. Download Answer Sheet 1 here.
2. Homework Set 2: #6, #8, and #9. Download Answer Sheet 2 here.
3. Homework Set 3: #11, #12, and #13. Download Answer Sheet 3 here.
4. Homework Set 4: #15, #16, and #18. Download Answer Sheet 4 here.
5. Homework Set 5: #19, #20, and #21. Download Answer Sheet 5 here.
6. Homework Set 6: #24, #26, and #27. Download Answer Sheet 6 here.
References (Papers and Textbooks)
1. Download: A+ Getting Started - Building and Running a Process Model (Version 8.4)
2. Download: Is Process Simulation Used Effectively in ChE Courses?
3. Download: Don't Gamble with Your Physical Properties?
4. Download: Don't Let Recycle Streams Stymie Your Simulations
5. Download: Uncovering the Realities of Simulation, Part 1
6. Download: Uncovering the Realities of Simulation, Part 2
7. Download: Integrated Design and Simulation of Chemical Processes
Textbook by Alexandre C. Dimian (2003, Elsevier)
8. Download: Chemical Engineering Design
Textbook by Gavin Towler and Ray Sinnott (2008, Elsevier)
Extra Lecture Writings on Smart TV
Problem Descriptions of A+ Examples Discussed in Class