Papers and Literature on Practice Schools
Since ChEPS' inception in 1997, many papers have been written about the practice school concepts and their impact on engineering education and student learning. Some of these papers were presented as international conference proceedings, while others were published in prestigious internatioanl journals.
The following is a list of papers and publications published on ChEPS, other practice school programs at KMUTT, and Work-Integrated Learning (WIL):
1. Ku, H.M., Thonglek, S., and Bhumiratana, S., "A Graduate-Level Chemical Engineering Practice Model in Thailand", Presented at 4th Asia-Pacific Forum on Engineering and Technology Education, Bangkok, Thailand, 26-29 September 2005.
2. Ku, H.M., Thonglek, S., Thipayarat, A., and Cheevadhanarak, S., "A Graduate-Level Science and Engineering Practice School Model in Thailand", Presented at 2005 Regional Conference on Engineering Education, Johor, Malaysia, 12-13 December 2005.
3. Ku, H.M., Sriwatanapongse, W., Viravaidya, K., and Thonglek, S., "Operating a Chemical Engineering Practice Station", Presented at 10th UICEE Annual Conference on Engineering Education, Bangkok, Thailand, 19-23 March 2007.
4. Thonglek, S., Howes, T., and Kavanagh, L., “Work Integrated Learning: A Realistic Evaluation of KMUTT's Chemical Engineering Practice School”, Proceedings of the 2011 AAEE Conference, Freemantle, Western Australia, Australia, 2011.
5. Thonglek, S., Ku, H.M., Kavanagh, L., and Howes, T., “Stakeholders’ Perspectives of a Work Integrated Learning Program: The Chemical Engineering Practice School”, Proceedings of the 2013 AAEE Conference, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, 2013.
6. Ku, H.M., and Thonglek, S., “Learning and Soft Skills Development in Chemical Engineering Practice School Students Using AIChE National Student Design Competition Problems”, Presented at WACE 19th World Conference on Cooperative and Work-Integrated Education, Kyoto, Japan, August 18-21, 2015.
7. Ku, H.M., "Practice School: A STEM Model for Higher Education in Thailand", Presented at the 7th Thailand-US Education Roundtable on "STEM in Higher and Vocational Education" Workshop, Bangkok Thailand, February 28, 2016.
8. Ku, H.M. and Thonglek, S., “Chapter 7: Running a Successful Engineering Practice School: Challenges and Lessons Learned”, a book chapter in Work-Integrated Learning in Engineering, Built Environment and Technology: Diversity of Practice in Practice, edited by Patrick Keleher, Arun Patil, and R. E. Harreveld and published by IGI Global, Australia, 2011.
9. Thonglek, S., Kavanagh, L., Howes, T. & Ku, H., “Using a Structured Reflective Practice for Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Placement Preparation, Australasian Journal of Engineering Education Manuscript accepted for publication (2014).